Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Pre-Approval (PA) Arrived... the Ladybug was Right!


January 21, 2010

Well, here is the new beginning of our ladybug story... on January 21, 2010 (one week to the day after my little preschooler Aiden brought the ladybug to school), God allowed us to receive the paperwork for our little baby girl.

Jason received the Princess paperwork from our adoption agency. He surprised me by putting it on our kitchen pub table with the lavender rose he bought me at Christmas time to remind me of the vision God had given that woman.

When I walked in to the house, I immediately saw the picture of our little Princess. I started weeping uncontrollably. I tried to call Jason, but he was in a meeting. He really surprised me. Since I couldn’t call him, I called my mom. I read the report on our Princess and then called my friend Cheri. She just recently adopted three kids from China. After that, I posted an update on Facebook. Several people commented. This is what I said…

"Last Thursday, January 14th, one of my preschoolers brought me a ladybug. On Thanksgiving Day 2009, our papers arrived in China. I asked the Lord to bring me a ladybug when our referral papers were on their way. Gabriella's papers arrived one week after the ladybug... today, January 21st. God is so faithful!"

Princess Gabriella Grace now has a face... and, oh it is so beautiful! Gabriella's 3rd birthday is in 3 days.

Thank you Lord for that precious ladybug! Thank you Lord for answering a simple prayer. One that doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone else but us. Thank you that you care even about the timing of a ladybug.

Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart, but in it!

- Fleur Conkling Heyliger