Friday, July 16, 2010

Our First Quilt Square: Angels Singing Over Me

Because we launched the "100 Wishes Quilt" on Take-Off day, Grandma Hoppins didn't get a chance to write anything for Gabriella. So, mommy took the liberty of choosing a square of fabric in Grandma's house.

Ironically, it was the only square of fabric in her home... little angels. At her life celebration June 26, 2010, daddy discovered a special song while we were waiting for Grandma to see Jesus. The song was "Singing Over Me" by Building 429.

You You’re singing over me
You’re singing over me tonight
With every star that’s in this midnight sky
You, You’re singing over me
You’re singing over me tonight
And my heart is overcome with Your song
with Your song

During the time that Grandma Hoppins was preparing to enter Heaven, it was comforting to imagine the angels singing over her.

For this, I am adding this 8x8 square of fabric for Grandma Hoppins. She joins the angels as they now sing and watch over our growing family.