Monday, August 2, 2010

No More... "She Loves Me Nots!"

The first two days with Gabriella were very quiet. She looked at us, she smiled. She went to either one of us equally. But, the third day, she decided that Baba was everything to her.

We loved to hear her squeal at the top of her lungs "Baba!" as she saw him get his food at the breakfast buffet. It's one of those squeals every parent hopes to hear.

As the days went on, we noticed a clear preference to Baba unless he was out of the room. That's when Mei Mei and I would get our own bonding time.

Now, just two days home, she hugs onto both of us, squeals in delight, looks for just another way to be close to us.

Gabriella is such a sweet, sweet girl and has already brought so much joy to our family.

The first few days, there were times that I felt like I was plucking off the petals to a daisy and saying, "She loves me not, She loves me not, She loves me not" But now, I can say, "She loves me, She clearly, clearly loves me."