Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Given a Name By Her Birthmom

Tuesday, July 20...
Today we made preparations with our guide David to go see Gabriella’s city of birth: Guilin, Guangxi, China. As we were doing so, I mentioned that I would like to get her finding ad. He told me that he had it and he was going to give it to us Friday. I asked him if I could at least see it.

He read the finding add to me and found out that a note was left with Gabriella at the gate of the Guilin SWI on Fuli Road. The note said that she was born on (will add upon return to US) which translates to 1/24/2007.

Without that birth note, I would not have believed Gabriella’s age. I would expect her to be at very most 2 ½ years old, but more probably like an 12-18 month old.

An additional surprise and blessing was that Gabriella was given a name by her birth mom... Wufei... which means cute, beautiful.