Monday, July 26, 2010

More Shoes!

We shopped a little on Shamian Island. We still can't figure out why it is called an island. I did notice water at one point though.

We bought 2 pair of Chinese traditional shoes to match her two Chinese outfits and some cute plastic sandals for her to wear by Christmas. I paid 150 yuan for the 3 pair. I think they started at 330 yuan. I knew I shouldn't pay more than $8 each.

We also bought a few more outfits. I think the Burberry jacket and red dress are my favorite. We also bought a Starbucks t-shirt that says Guangzhou on it. Jennifer, the owner, of one of the shops, lives in Lynnwood, WA. Her sister Lily runs the store for her on the island. While we were conversing, she asked me where we were from. When she told me her sister lived in Lynnwood, I had to ask her 3 times what she was saying... not because I didn't understand her, but what Chinese person would know Lynnwood. Lynnwood, is 5 minutes from our home. It was a fun connection.